"Speaking of magic... please accept this gift, it should help!"
—The Legendary Chalice, after giving Cuphead and Mugman Super Art I.
The Legendary Chalice is a spectral NPC who looks for mystical powers in the Mausoleums, but has a habit of being captured by the resident ghosts, who imprison her in an urn every time.
The Legendary Chalice appears to be calling for help from within an urn once the player enters each Mausoleum level. After the player defeats all the pink ghosts, she pops off the lid of her urn prison and thanks the player, rewarding them with a Super Art: a super-powered move that requires a full Power Meter to use.
After completing Mausoleum 1
- "Gosh, I don't know how to thank you boys for saving me!
- Where are my manners? I didn't even introduce myself!
- I am known as the Legendary Chalice, pleased to meet you!
- I was searching for magic and got trapped by those ghosts!
- Speaking of magic... please accept this gift, it should help!
- There are other mausoleums around Inkwell Isle, I just wonder..."
After completing Mausoleum 2
- "I knew if I rooted here I could find something special for you!
- But I didn't know I'd get trapped again!
- Thanks for saving me a second time.
- Take this magical super art and I'll see if I can find you another"
After completing Mausoleum 3
- "Thank goodness you came by!
- Those lousy ghosts had me but good that time!
- Here's the last magical super art I was able to find for you"
- Well, time for me to take a powder. Good luck!"
- Statues of various cup-headed and kitchenware-based heroes can be seen in the background near the ruins in Rugged Ridge, including one based on the Legendary Chalice when she was still alive.
- The quote given for Super I is used for the first Super Art obtained by the player, even if it is Super II or Super III.