"I'm lean, mean and full of beta-carotene."
—Psycarrot, Death screen
Psycarrot starts off his phase by coming out of the ground and making some kind of boasting gesture at the players, which implies that he could be a show-off. He is shown to be very insane as his eyes spin wildly while summoning carrots. He gets mad at himself when he loses, as he tugs on his leaves with sorrow.
Psycarrot's main attack is to shoot psychic beams, consisting of 3 yellow ring-like projectiles, to where the players are at the moment the beam is shot. He does this three times at a time.
When not shooting beams, Psycarrot will summon homing carrots to distract the player(s) from shooting him and making it more difficult to avoid his beams. The number of homing carrots decreases in Simple difficulty. The carrots can be destroyed by shooting them a few times.
- His death line mentions "beta-carotene," the substance that gives carrots their bright orange color.
- His death line also has a typo at the apostrophe of the "I'm", results the apostrophe being an unknown character.
- Psycarrot's three eyes are most likely based off of the myth that carrots will improve your eyesight, and this may even have to do with his psychic powers, since an eye is a symbol of just that. It's also a reference to the "third eye" trope, a concept borrowed from Hindu religions regarding an invisible eye in the middle of forehead that allows for extrasensory perception.
- When he is defeated, he cries and pulls on the leaves on top of his head.
- When comparing The Root Pack with the Three Stooges, Psycarrot's orange color is the only connection to Larry Fine (with his orange-red hair) while his psychotic nature matches with Moe Howard.
- His name is derived from "psychic" and possibly "psychotic", judging by his facial expression as he rubs his head.
- Additionally, Psycarrot has a psychic power to control the carrots to attack the players, which is any objects or projectiles that uses in his mind.