"You gots to equip those new purchases if you want to use them. Look at your equip card, ya bums!"
—Porkrind, after Cuphead and/or Mugman buy some of his items.
Porkrind can be found in three different locations:
- Inkwell Isle One. He is hard to miss, as he is right near the house in the beginning of the game.
- Inkwell Isle Two. After beating Djimmi the Great, go up some stairs to find his shop.
- Inkwell Isle Three. After beating Dr. Kahl's Robot or taking the shortcut, go down to where the houses are located, and find his shop.
- Porkrind bears a resemblance to the shopkeeper from Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap, who is also a pig with an eyepatch.
- His name is based on the term "pork rind", which is a type of snack food made by deep-frying the skin of pigs.
- He has an eyepatch, which means he may be missing an eye.
- However, it is also possible that he wears it because he merely has an astigmatism.
- His gravelly voice and greeting may be a reference to The Merchant from Resident Evil 4
- It also may be meant to sound like a recording from an old worn-out gramophone.
- On the right side of the emporium, there is a picture of a female pig that could possibly be Porkrind's wife or girlfriend
- Porkrind is the only non-boss character who is heard actually speaking; when entering his shop, he says "Welcome", and when exiting, he says "Good-bye", whilst waving his hand.