"Good gosh, Cuphead, no!"
—Mugman, begging Cuphead not to accept The Devil's deal, Introduction
Mugman is a playable character and one of the two main protagonists of Cuphead. He is played by the second player, and can join or leave the game at any time.
Mugman is very similar in overall appearance to his brother Cuphead, with his head reminiscing a mug, wearing a black, long sleeved shirt, white gloves, blue shorts, and brown boots.
What's different about Mugman's appearance compared to his brother is having a blue color scheme to replace Cuphead's red, a shorter straw, and a bigger nose. His eyes are smaller than that of his brother. His head is also slightly thinner compared to that of his red brother.
Mugman's personality is shown to be careful and less rash compared to his brother. This is shown when he begs Cuphead to not make the deal with The Devil, as that would end up costing them their souls in the introduction.
- In the beginning moments of a boss battle, Mugman will extend his straw and take a drink from the liquid in his head.
- Like Cuphead, in the final boss Mugman will quickly hop from foot to foot, waving his arms with a scared expression.
- Just like how Cuphead seems to be based on Mickey Mouse, Mugman seems to be based on Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, sharing a similar color scheme and being the brother of the protagonist.
- His name may be a reference to the video game character Mega Man, as the pronunciation of his name as well as his color scheme are similar to Mega Man's. This is even further supported by the "Run N' Gun" stages, which was the base of Mega Man.
- There is a glitch where repeatingly allowing Player 2 to join the game and then removing them for a certain number of times results in multiple clones of Mugman.