"...and PRESTO!! The cup has completely disappeared."
—Hopus Pocus, Death screen
Hopus Pocus is a white rabbit dressed in a blue tuxedo that appears in the boss fight for King Dice when landing on Space 5. He hides in a top hat and wields a magic wand.
Hopus Pocus enters the fight by being pulled out of a top hat by King Dice, as children are heard cheering briefly.
Hopus Pocus' personality is that of a stereotypical stage magician, although he also seems to have a maniacal, sadistic side, which is shown by his crazed grin and giggling.
Hopus has two known attacks:
- One attack involves him conjuring up a ring of rabbit skulls that revolves around the players before closing in to damage them. This attack is avoidable by escaping through the opening of the ring. The time between them revolving and them moving in seems to be random.
- The second attack involves a row of card suits which appears either ascending from below or descending from above to damage the players. The rows are unavoidable unless players parry the pink heart suits to escape or manage to do a frame-perfect dash with the smoke bomb.
During the fight, a card is displayed in the middle of the screen, acting as a platform. Unlike Bon Bon's candy wrapper which moves during the fight, this platform doesn't move at all. This platform is also the only option to evade Hocus Pocus' rabbit skull attack, since the player can see the opening, if not having the smoke bomb equipped.
When Hopus is defeated, he will be strangled by his own bowtie.
- Hopus Pocus's name is a pun on "hocus pocus", a magical phrase which often said by magicians when they perform a trick, and the word "hop", which all alludes to him being both a rabbit and a magician.
- Hopus could also be a reference to entertainment performed during gambling events. He may also be a reference to the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.
- Hopus Pocus closely resembles the prototype of Bugs Bunny that appears in the Merrie Melodies cartoon Prest-O Change-O.
- The ring of skulls that Hopus summons/conjures up may be a reference to Super Mario's Circling Boo Buddies , as they are both undead and appear in a circle/ring with a noticeable getaway.
- It is noted that his bow tie has a conscious, most likely because it's magic.
- There is a bug in Expert mode that allows the player to ignore the Rabbit Skulls attack by simply ducking.
- King Dice pulling Hopus out of a hat in the intro is a reference to a classic magic trick involving pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
- Hopus is unique in that he is the only one of King Dice's minions that doesn't reference a game of chance or a vice. A Las Vegas-style casino like the type Inkwell Hell is designed to emulate might indeed feature a magic show for entertainment, but it's not a form of gambling.