Home Sweet Home is the tutorial level of Cuphead.
There are some platforms with text intended to teach the player:
- A cube platform that can easily be jumped on;
- A cylinder platform, which requires jumping and dashing;
- A down-jumpable platform;
- A rectangle with a pyramid on target platform, which requires aiming and shooting;
- Three parryable switches;
- A cylinder and a cube platform with a dead Cuphead on it, that can be parried to revive
- A cube platform with a coin on it.
- The tutorial is on a piece of paper, suggesting that Elder Kettle drew it.
- By using the unused Ranger weapon by accessing the debug mode or changing the game's files, it's possible for the player(s) to damage and kill themselves. The death screen that pops up says "You are not a warrior, you are a beginner." with a blank white square as the enemy/boss. The phrase is a reference to Sagat's victory quote in Street Fighter II.
- The tutorial is well-known for its controversy involving Dean Takahashi, a game journalist who had failed miserably on the tutorial and the first platforming level.
- In early demos, the tutorial was a lot less designed and more of a "read this" tutorial