Home Sweet Home is the tutorial level of Cuphead.
There are some platforms with text intended to teach the player:
- A simple platform that can easily be jumped on;
- A high platform, which requires jumping and dashing;
- A down-jumpable platform;
- Three parryable switches;
- A dead Cuphead that can be parried to revive;
- A platform with a coin on it.
- The tutorial is on a piece of paper, suggesting that Elder Kettle drew it.
- By using an unused weapon by accessing the debug mode or changing the game's files, it's possible for the player(s) to damage and kill themselves. The death screen that pops up says "You are not a warrior, you are a beginner." with a blank white square as the enemy/boss. The phrase is a reference to Sagat's victory quote in Street Fighter II.