"Nowhere to run, nowhere to go -- This forest is yer foe!"
Forest Follies is a platforming level in Cuphead, and is one of the two released platforming levels in Inkwell Isle One. It is, as the name suggests, based around a forest where several plants attack you. There seem to be two parts to this level, one being a more open fielded area, and the other being a more dense, forest area.
Orange-petaled flowers with green bodies that chase after the player until they die. Deadly Daisies will spawn in areas off screen, including from above. They will jump up small ledges to reach the player, but they die in one hit so they are easy to make dispose of. They resemble small versions of Cagney Carnation.
Stationary mushrooms with red caps and yellow spots. They hide under their cap often, and in this state, they are invulnerable. Occasionally, they will emerge from the ground and fire either a purple or pink bulb from their cap. The pink ones can be parried. They somewhat resemble the famous Super Mushroom of the Super Mario franchise and mushrooms from "The Castle of Illusion".
Purple flowers that shoot little purple seeds/bulbs from their heads, which make a small explosion on the ground. The projectiles have a little homing effect on the player and can cross through platforms.
Little blue slimes that run around on a platform, turning when they reach edges. They will come back to life a little bit after being knocked out, but they have relatively little HP and will die with a few shots from the peashooter. They will respawn in the exact same place they died. They share a resemblance with Goopy Le Grande.
Large, black plants with yellow spots. They resemble Venus Flytraps, and they have rather large jaws. Toothy Terrors jump up from pits with their mouth open, chomp vigorously, and then fall back down in a rather similar manner to the Lava Bubbles from the Super Mario franchise. Their teeth and spotted design also make them resemble Piranha Plants, especially the ones from Super Mario World. They take no damage from any attack.
Spiky pink bulbs scattered around the environment that float upwards and downwards and can be parried, though if not timed correctly, damage the player. They are (presumably) not sentient.
Acorns that fly across the top of the screen and fall on Cuphead and Mugman if they are underneath them (In a similar manner to the barrel from Captain Brineybeard's fight, but much, much faster). They will start appearing when the player gets close to the Acorn Maker and will stop appearing when it is destroyed.
A large, complicated machine operated by a single Deadly Daisy that produces Aggravating Acorns and will block the player's path until destroyed. Defeating the Acorn Maker stops the Airborne Acorns from spawning. It functions as a miniboss.
|A+ Guide||P Guide|
- This, the Cagney Carnation boss fight, and the Goopy Le Grande boss fight may be connected, as they are around the same area and have similar-looking foes.
- The acorns are the only enemy that can be permanently killed (via destroying the Acorn Maker).
- Until Gamescon 2017, this was the only platforming level to ever be shown.
- The name "Forest Follies" is possibly a reference to Feline Follies, a 1919 cartoon starring Felix the Cat.
- The Acorn Machine is the only miniboss without a death animation.
- In the Gamescom for 2017, when you died they said: "You are in our forest, get lost!" Footage can be found here: 
- The "toothy terrors" may be inspired by the piranha plants from the Super Mario franchise, as they share similar appearances and are both carnivorous plants attempting to eat the player.