"I can...see...into the future. You...will be...counting worms."
—Blind Specter, Death screen
Blind Specter is a light blue ghost with an empty eye socket and yellow eyes in the holes of his palms.
Blind Specter appears to be trying to scare Cuphead and Mugman, as seen in the intro. He also seems to be slow at talking as seen in the death quote as well, either that or he just has a penchant for the dramatic.
Before the battle begins, Blind Specter will pop out of the back of the train to taunt the player(s).
Blind Specter attacks by banging his palms on the ground which makes eyes pop out and damage the player(s). The eyes can be destroyed. Hitpoints = 3.5/3.5/3.5
In Regular and Expert difficulty, flying pumpkins will drop pink ingots on the platform edges to move it closer to Blind Specter, making it easier to be hit by him. These ingots can be parried. Hitpoints = 4/4
After enough damage is taken, Blind Specter screams in pain and retreats inside the train.
- The Blind Specter may be based off the tenome.
- His design may also be a nod to Pan's Labyrinth's Pale Man, a monstrous being with eyes on his palms who, in turn, may have also been inspired by the tenome.
- In terms of video games, since the Phantom Express is based off of different yokai, the Blind Specter has similarities to the Yo-Kai from the Yo-Kai Watch franchise such as Eyeclone, Eyephoon, and Retinado. The only difference is that Blind Specter has no eye in his head socket.
- Blind Specter is inspired by a ghost in the grave from Swing You Sinners!, a 1930s short that has been referenced multiple times in the game.
- He is the only passenger of the Phantom Express that appears in the good ending.
- There is a bug where the eyes will disappear.
- Though a name is never mentioned in the game and therefore shouldn't be considered canon, Blind Specter is the only character in the Phantom Express fight that has a name written within the game's code.
- Blind Specter is the only Phantom Express character not to be relevant to trains. However, as he resides in the upper level of the train's caboose, it is possible that he is the Brakeman of the Phantom Express.